Sunday, June 8, 2008

Summer Preparation Begins...

Okay, well, I haven't really been preparing to leave yet, as I've still got... what is it? ... 81 days left? I believe it's somewhere around that amount. I did get a job, though (finally, thank goodness). I've been getting incredibly excited at the idea that I'll ACTUALLY BE IN ANOTHER COUNTRY in less than three months. I've never been outside the States, so this is big. I am so looking forward to sharing a smaller community with others I kind of know (and getting to know them) while exploring a whole new culture. I think the way ACU does study abroad is pretty cool compared to how a lot of other universities do, you know, where you just go to another country and go to the university there (although that'd be pretty sweet too). I am praying that God will show me things this summer that will prepare me for next semester, because I honestly don't truly know what to expect, even with all the informational pamphlets and conversations with students who have previously gone. Ahh... I find it hard to keep my mind in the present, because I always find myself wishing I was already in Oxford... But I don't want it to be like that. I am eager to be there, but I also know that I am here now for a reason...

No comments: